Downloadable audio and e-books.
The building that houses the Library was built in 1942 as a house by Mr. & Mrs. C. Arthur DePue. In 1963 the Camanche City Council passed an ordinance establishing a library board of trustees and purchased the DePue property. In May 1965 the Camanche Public Library opened its doors.
The Library sits on the banks of the Mississippi River and has a lovely view of the river year round. Many people fish off of the Library Dock and we have an occasional wedding on the dock.